Practice Questions on Matrices Worksheet for Grade 11 :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on matrices.
(1) Construct an m × n matrix A = [aij], where aij is given by
(i) aij = (i - 2j)2/2 with m = 2 and n = 3 Solution
(ii) aij = |3i - 4j|/4 with m = 3 and n = 4 Solution
(2) Find the values of p, q, r, and s if
(3) Determine the value of x + y if
(4) Determine the matrices A and B if they satisfy
(5) If A =
then compute A4 Solution
(6) Consider the matrix
(i) Show that Aα Aβ = A(α+β)
(ii) Find all possible real values of α satisfying the condition Aα + AαT = I Solution
(7) If A =
and such that (A− 2I)(A− 3I) = O, find the value of x.
(8) If A =
(9) If A =
and A3 - 6A2 + 7A + KI = 0, then find the value of k.
(10) Give your own examples of matrices satisfying the following conditions in each case:
(i) A and B such that AB ≠ BA .
(ii) A and B such that AB = O = BA, A ≠ O and B ≠ O.
(iii) A and B such that AB = O and BA ≠ O.
(11) Show that f (x) f ( y) = f (x + y), where f(x) =
(12) If A is a square matrix such that A2 = A, find the value of 7A - (I + A)3. Solution
(13) Verify the property A(B + C) = AB + AC, when the matrices A, B, and C are given by
(14) Find the matrix A which satisfies the matrix relation
verify the following (i) (A+ B)T = AT + BT = BT + AT
(ii) (A− B)T = AT − BT
(iii) (BT )T = B .
(16) If A is a 3 × 4 matrix and B is a matrix such that both AT B and BAT are defined, what is the order of the matrix B? Solution
(17) Express the following matrices as the sum of a symmetric matrix and a skew-symmetric matrix:
(18) Find the matrix A such that
(19) If A
is a matrix such that AAT = 9I , find the values of x and y. Solution
(20) (i) For what value of x, the matrix
is skew-symmetric Solution
(ii) If A =
is skew-symmetric, find the values of p, q, and r.
(21) Construct the matrix A = [aij]3x3, where aij = i - j. State whether A is symmetric or skew-symmetric
(22) Let A and B be two symmetric matrices. Prove that AB = BA if and only if AB is a symmetric matrix.
(23) If A and B are symmetric matrices of same order, prove that
(i) AB + BA is a symmetric matrix.
(ii) AB - BA is a skew-symmetric matrix Solution
(24) A shopkeeper in a Nuts and Spices shop makes gift packs of cashew nuts, raisins and almonds.
Pack I contains 100 gm of cashew nuts, 100 gm of raisins and 50 gm of almonds.
Pack-II contains 200 gm of cashew nuts, 100 gm of raisins and 100 gm of almonds.
Pack-III contains 250 gm of cashew nuts, 250 gm of raisins and 150 gm of almonds.
The cost of 50 gm of cashew nuts is $50, 50 gm of raisins is $10, and 50 gm of almonds is $60. What is the cost of each gift pack? Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood "Practice Questions on Matrices Worksheet for Grade 11".
Apart from "Practice Questions on Matrices Worksheet for Grade 11" if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions