A matrix is a rectangular array or arrangement of entries or elements displayed in rows and columns within a square bracket [ ] or parenthesis ( ).
Usually matrices are denoted by the capital letters like
A, B, C .....
In any matrix
Order of a matrix :
A matrix having m rows and n columns is called matrix of order m x n or simply m x n matrix . In general m x n has the following form
The order of a matrix or the size of a matrix is known as the number of rows
or the number of columns which are present in that matrix.
The order of above matrix is 2 x 4. Because in the above matrix there are two rows and four columns.
The element which occurs in a11 = 5
The element which occurs in a12 = -2
The element which occurs in a13 = 7
The element which occurs in a14 = 9
The element which occurs in a21 = 3
The element which occurs in a22 = 1
The element which occurs in a23 = 2
The element which occurs in a24 = -8
Minor of matrix :
Minor of a matrix may defined as follows.
Let |A| = |[aij]| be a determinant of order n.
The minor of an arbitrary element aij is the determinant obtained by deleting the ith row and jth column in which the element aij stands. The minor of aij by Mij.
Examples of finding minor of a matrix
Cofactor of matrix :
The cofactor is a signed minor. The cofactor of aij is denoted by Aij and is defined as Aij = -1(i+j) Mij.
Examples of finding cofactor of matrix
Adjoint of matrix :
Let A = [aij] be a square matrix of order n. Let Aij be a cofactor of aij. Then nth order matrix [Aij]T is called adjoint of A. It is denoted by adj A. In other words we can define adjoint of matrix as transpose of co factor matrix.
Examples of finding adjoint of matrix
Inverse of matrix :
If A is a non-singular matrix,there exists an inverse which is given by
Examples of finding inverse of matrix
Apart from the stuff given above, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
Kindly mail your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
We always appreciate your feedback.
©All rights reserved. onlinemath4all.com
May 26, 23 12:27 PM
May 21, 23 07:40 PM
May 20, 23 10:53 PM
2. Matrix Inverse Calculator - 2x2 Matrix
3. Matrix Inverse Calculator - 3x3 Matrix
4. Matrix Inverse Calculator - 4x4 Matrix
5. Cramer's Rule Calculator - 3x3 Matrix
6. Matrix Addition Calculator - 3x3 Matrix
7. Matrix Subtraction Calculator - 3x3 Matrix
8. Matrix Multiplication Calculator - 2x2 Matrix
9. Matrix Multiplication Calculator - 3x3 Matrix
10. Matrix Determinant Calculator - 3x3 & 2x2 Matrix
11. Matrix Addition Calculator - 2x2 Matrix
12. Matrix Subtraction Calculator- 2x2 Matrix
13. Matrix Addition Calculator - 4x4 Matrix
14. Matrix Subtraction Calculator- 4x4 Matrix
15. Matrix Multiplication Calculator - 4x4 Matrix
16. Matrix Determinant Calculator - 4x4 matrix