Finding the Equation of a Straight Line Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on finding equation of a straight line.
(1) Write the equations of the straight lines parallel to x- axis which are at a distance of 5 units from the x-axis.
(2) Find the equations of the straight lines parallel to the coordinate axes and passing through the point (-5,-2).
(3) Find the equation of a straight line whose
(i) slope is -3 and y-intercept is 4.
(ii) angle of inclination is 60° and y-intercept is 3.
(4) Find the equation of the line intersecting the y- axis at a distance of 3 units above the origin and tan θ = 1/2, where θ is the angle of inclination. Solution
(5) Find the slope and y-intercept of the line whose equation is
(i) y = x + 1
(ii) 5x = 3y
(iii) 4x - 2y + 1 = 0
(iv) 10x + 15y + 6 = 0 Solution
(6) Find the equation of the straight line whose
(i) slope is -4 and passing through (1, 2)
(ii) slope is 2/3 and passing through (5, -4)
(7) Find the equation of the straight line which passes through the midpoint of the line segment joining (4, 2) and (3, 1) whose angle of inclination is 30°. Solution
(8) Find the equation of the straight line passing through the points
(i) (-2, 5) and (3, 6) (ii) (0, -6) and (-8, 2) Solution
(9) Find the equation of the median from the vertex R in a Δ PQR with vertices at P(1, -3), Q(-2, 5) and R(-3, 4).
(10) By using the concept of the equation of the straight line, prove that the given three points are collinear.
(i) (4, 2), (7, 5) and (9, 7) (ii) (1, 4), (3, -2) and (-3, 16)
(11) Find the equation of the straight line whose x and y-intercepts on the axes are given by
(i) 2 and 3
(ii) -1/3 and 3/2
(iii) 2/5 and -3/4 Solution
(12) Find the x and y intercepts of the straight line
(i) 5x + 3y - 15 = 0 (ii) 2x - y + 16 = 0 (iii) 3x + 10y + 4 = 0
(13) Find the equation of the straight line passing through the point (3, 4) and has intercepts which are in the ratio 3 : 2 Solution
(14) Find the equation of the straight lines passing through the point (2, 2) and the sum of the intercepts is 9. Solution
(15) Find the equation of the straight line passing through the point (5, -3) and whose intercepts on the axes are equal in magnitude but opposite in sign. Solution
(16) Find the equation of the line passing through the point (9, -1) and having its x-intercept thrice as its y-intercept. Solution
(17) A straight line cuts the coordinate axes at A and B. If the midpoint of AB is (3, 2), then find the equation of AB. Solution
(18) Find the equation of the line passing through (22, -6) and having intercept on x-axis exceeds the intercept on y-axis by 5. Solution
(19) If A(3, 6) and C(-1, 2) are two vertices of a rhombus ABCD, then find the equation of straight line that lies along the diagonal BD. Solution
(20) Find the equation of the line whose gradient is 3/2 and which passes through P, where P divides the line segment joining A(-2, 6) and B (3, -4) in the ratio 2 : 3 internally Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood "Finding the Equation of a Straight Line Worksheet".
If you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions