Worksheet of Finding Slope of the Line :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on finding slope of the line.
(1) Find the angle of inclination of the straight line whose slope is
(i) 1 (ii) √3 (iii) 0
(2) Find the slope of the straight line whose angle of inclination is
(i) 30° (ii) 60° (iii) 90°
(3) Find the slope of the straight line passing through the points
(i) (3 , -2) and (7 , 2)
(ii) (2 , -4) and origin
(iii) (1 + √3 , 2) and (3 + √3 , 4) Solution
(4) Find the angle of inclination of the line passing through the points
(i) (1, 2) and (2 , 3)
(ii) (3 , 3) and (0 , 0)
(iii) (a , b) and (-a , -b) Solution
(5) Find the slope of the line which passes through the origin and the midpoint of the line segment joining the points (0 ,- 4) and (8 , 0). Solution
(6) The side AB of a square ABCD is parallel to x-axis . Find the
(i) slope of AB (ii) slope of BC (iii) slope of the diagonal AC
(7) The side BC of an equilateral Δ ABC is parallel to x-axis. Find the slope of AB and the slope of BC Solution
(8) Using the concept of slope, show that each of the following set of points are collinear.
(i) (2 , 3), (3 , -1) and (4 , -5)
(ii) (4 , 1), (-2 , -3) and (-5 , -5)
(iii) (4 , 4), (-2 , 6) and (1 , 5) Solution
(9) If the points (a, 1), (1, 2) and (0, b+1) are collinear, then show that (1/a) + (1/b) = 1 Solution
(10) The line joining the points A(-2 , 3) and B(a , 5) is parallel to the line joining the points C(0 , 5) and D(-2 , 1). Find the value of a. Solution
(11) The line joining the points A(0, 5) and B(4, 2) is perpendicular to the line joining the points C(-1, -2) and D(5, b). Find the value of b. Solution
(12) The vertices of triangle ABC are A(1, 8), B(-2, 4), C(8, -5). If M and N are the midpoints of AB and AC respectively, find the slope of MN and hence verify that MN is parallel to BC. Solution
(13) A triangle has vertices at (6 , 7), (2 , -9) and (-4 , 1). Find the slopes of its medians Solution
(14) The vertices of a triangle ABC are A(-5 , 7), B(-4 , -5) and C(4,5). Find the slopes of the altitudes of the triangle. Solution
(15) Using the concept of slope, show that the vertices (1 , 2), (-2 , 2), (-4 , -3) and (-1, -3) taken in order form a parallelogram. Solution
(16) Show that the opposite sides of a quadrilateral with vertices A(-2 ,-4), B(5 , -1), C(6 , 4) and D(-1, 1) taken in order are parallel. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, finding equation of line worksheet.
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
MATH FOR KIDS
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions