Triangle with three vertices :
Here we are going to see some practice questions based on the topic area of triangle using three vertices.You can find solution for each questions of the worksheets with detailed explanation.
(1) Find the are of the triangle formed by the points.
(i) (0,0) (3,0) and (0,2)
(ii) (5,2) (3,-5) and (-5,-1)
(iii) (4,-5) (4,5) and (-1,-6)
(2) Vertices of the triangle taken in order and their areas are given below. In each of the following find the value of a.
(i) (0,0),(4,a) and (6,4) and its area is 17 sq.units
(ii) (a,a) , (4 , 5) and ( 6 , -1) and its area is 9 sq.units
(iii) (a,-3),(3,a) and (-1,5) and its area is 12 sq.units
(3) Determine if the following set of points are collinear or not.
(i) (4,3) (1,2) and (-2,1)
(ii) (-2,-2) (-6,-2) and (-2,2)
(iii) (-3/2,3) (6,-2) and (-3,4)
(4) In each of the following, find the value of k for which the given points are collinear.
(i) (k,-1) ( 2 ,1) and (4,5)
(ii) (2,-5) ( 3 ,-4) and (9,k)
(iii) (k,k) (2 ,3) and (4,-1)
(5) If the three points (h,0) (a,b) and (0,k) lie on a straight line, then using the area of the triangle formula show that (a/h) + (b/k) = 1,where h, k ≠ 0
(6) Find the area of the triangle formed by joining the midpoints of the sides of a triangle whose vertices are (0,-1) (2,1) and (0,3). Find the ratio of this area to the area of the given triangle.
After having gone through the stuff, we hope that the students would have understood "Triangle with three vertices"
Apart from the stuff given above, if you want to know more about "Triangle with three vertices", please click here
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions