Solving Quadratic Equations by Graphing Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on solving quadratic equations by graphing.
Question 1 :
Graph the following quadratic equations and state their nature of solutions.
(i) x2 − 9x + 20 = 0 Solution
(ii) x2 − 4x + 4 = 0 Solution
(iii) x2 + x + 7 = 0 Solution
(iv) x2 − 9 = 0 Solution
(v) x2 - 6x + 9 = 0 Solution
(vi) (2x - 3)(x + 2) = 0 Solution
(2) Draw the graph of y = x2−4 and hence solve x2−x −12 = 0 Solution
(3) Draw the graph of y = x2 + x and hence solve x2 + 1 = 0 Solution
(4) Draw the graph of y = x2 + 3x + 2 and use it to solve x2 + 2x + 1 = 0. Solution
(5) Draw the graph of y = x2 + 3x - 4 and hence solve x2 + 3x - 4 = 0 Solution
(6) Draw the graph of y = x2 −5x −6 and hence solve x2 −5x −14 = 0 Solution
(7) Draw the graph of y = 2x2 − 3x − 5 and hence solve 2x2 − 4x − 6 = 0 Solution
(8) Draw the graph of y = (x − 1)(x + 3) and hence solve x2 − x − 6 = 0 Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Solving Quadratic Equations by Graphing Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Solving Quadratic Equations by Graphing Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions