Questions on Rational Numbers for Class 8 With Answers :
Here we are going to see some example problems on operations of rational numbers.
Match the following property :
(iv) 1/0 Solution
(v) 22/7 Solution
(2) Which of the following properties hold for subtraction of rational numbers? Why?
(a) closure (b) commutative (c) associative
(d) identity (e) inverse
(3) In a recipe making, every 1 1/2 cup of rice requires 2 3/4 cups of water. Express this, in the ratio of rice to water. Solution
(4) Ravi multiplied 25/8 and 16/15 to obtain 400/120. He says that the simplest form of this product is 10 3 and Chandru says the answer in the simplest form is 3 1/3. Who is correct? (or) Are they both correct? Explain.
(5) A piece of wire is 4/5 m long. If it is cut into 8 pieces of equal length, how long will each piece be? Solution
(6) Find the length of a room whose area is 153/10 sq.m and whose breadth is 2 11/20 m. Solution
(7) Subbu spends 1/3 of his monthly earnings on rent, 2/5 on food and 1/10 on monthly usuals. What fractional part of his earnings is left with him for other expenses?
(8) In a constituency, 19/25 of the voters had voted for candidate A whereas 7/50 had voted for candidate B. Find the rational number of the voters who had voted for others. Solution
(9) If 3/4 of a box of apples weighs 3 kg and 225 gm, how much does a full box of apples weigh? Solution
(10) Mangalam buys a water jug of capacity 3 4/5 litres. If she buys another jug which is 2 2/3 times as large as the smaller jug, how many litres can the larger one hold?
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Example Problems Based on Operation of Rational Numbers"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
Aptitude test online
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
MATH FOR KIDS
Time and work word problems
Pythagorean theorem word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions
L.C.M method to solve time and work problems