Practice Questions on Volume of Cube and Cuboid Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some practice questions solving mensuration word problems with the shape cube and cuboid.
(1) Find the volume of a cuboid whose dimensions are
(i) length = 12 cm, breadth = 8 cm, height = 6 cm
(ii) length = 60 m, breadth = 25 m, height = 1.5 m
(2) The dimensions of a match box are 6 cm × 3.5 cm × 2.5 cm. Find the volume of a packet containing 12 such match boxes. Solution
(3) The length, breadth and height of a chocolate box are in the ratio 5 : 4 : 3. If its volume is 7500 cm3, then find its dimensions. Solution
(4) The length, breadth and depth of a pond are 20.5 m, 16 m and 8 m respectively. Find the capacity of the pond in litres. Solution
(5) The dimensions of a brick are 24 cm × 12 cm × 8 cm. How many such bricks will be required to build a wall of 20 m length, 48 cm breadth and 6 m height? Solution
(6) The volume of a container is 1440 m3. The length and breadth of the container are 15 m and 8 m respectively. Find its height. Solution
(7) Find the volume of a cube each of whose side is (i) 5 cm (ii) 3.5 m (iii) 21 cm Solution
(8) A cubical milk tank can hold 125000 litres of milk. Find the length of its side in metres. Solution
(9) A metallic cube with side 15 cm is melted and formed into a cuboid. If the length and height of the cuboid is 25 cm and 9 cm respectively then find the breadth of the cuboid. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Practice Questions on Volume of Cube and Cuboid Worksheet"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions