Distance Between Two Points Word Problems Worksheet :
Practice questions given in this section will be much useful for the students who would like to practice the concept distance between two points.
(1) Find the distance between the following pairs of points:
(i) (2 , 3) (4 , 1) Solution
(ii) (-5 , 7) (-1 , 3) Solution
(iii) (a , b) (-a , -b) Solution
(2) Find the distance between the points (0, 0) and (36, 15). Solution
(3) Determine if the points (1,5) (2,3) and (-2,-11) are collinear. Solution
(4) Check whether (5,-2) (6,4) and (7,-2) are the vertices of an isosceles triangle. Solution
(5) In a classroom 4 friends are seated at the points A, B, C and D as shown in figure. Champa and Chameli walk into the class and after observing for a few minutes champa asks Chameli,"Don't you think ABCD is a square?" Chameli disagrees. Using distance formula, find which of them is correct.
(6) Name the type of quadrilateral formed. If any,by the following points,and give reasons for your answer:
(i) (-1, -2) (1, 0) (-1, 2) (-3, 0) Solution
(ii) (-3, 5) (3, 1) (0, 3) (-1, -4) Solution
(iii) (4, 5) (7, 6) (4, 3) (1, 2) Solution
(7) Find the points on the x-axis which is equidistant from (2, -5) and (-2, 9) Solution
(8) Find the values of y for which the distance between the points P(2, -3) and Q(10, y) is 10 units. Solution
(9) If Q(0, 1) is equidistant from P(5, -3) and R(x, 6),find the values of x. Also find the distances QR and PR.
(10) Find a relation between x and y such that the points (x, y) is equidistant from the points (3, 6) and (-3, 4).
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, distance between two points word problems worksheet.
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions