Differentiability and Continuity Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on differentiability and continuity.
(1) Find the derivatives of the following functions using first principle.
(i) f(x) = 6 Solution
(ii) f(x) = -4x + 7 Solution
(iii) f(x) = -x2 + 2 Solution
(2) Find the derivatives from the left and from the right at x = 1 (if they exist) of the following functions. Are the functions differentiable at x = 1?
(i) f(x) = |x - 1| Solution
(ii) f(x) = √(1 - x2) Solution
(3) Determine whether the following function is differentiable at the indicated values.
(i) f(x) = x | x | at x = 0 Solution
(ii) f(x) = |x2 - 1| at x = 1 Solution
(iii) f(x) = |x| + |x - 1| at x = 0, 1 Solution
(iv) f(x) = sin |x| at x = 0 Solution
(4) Show that the following functions are not differentiable at the indicated value of x.
(5) The graph of f is shown below. State with reasons that x values (the numbers), at which f is not differentiable.
(6) If f(x) = |x + 100| + x2, test whether f'(-100) exists.
(7) Examine the differentiability of functions in R by drawing the diagrams.
(i) | sin x | Solution
(ii) |cos x| Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Differentiability and Continuity Worksheet"
Apart from the stuff given in "Differentiability and Continuity Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
Area of triangle
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions