Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Practice Questions Worksheet :
Here we are going to see, some example problems of finding curved surface area and total surface area.
(1) The radius and height of a cylinder are in the ratio 5:7 and its curved surface area is 5500 sq.cm. Find its radius and height. Solution
(2) A solid iron cylinder has total surface area of 1848 sq.m. Its curved surface area is five – sixth of its total surface area. Find the radius and height of the iron cylinder. Solution
(3) The external radius and the length of a hollow wooden log are 16 cm and 13 cm respectively. If its thickness is 4 cm then find its T.S.A. Solution
(4) A right angled triangle PQR where angle Q = 90 degree is rotated about QR and PQ. If QR = 16 cm and PR = 20 cm, compare the curved surface areas of the right circular cones so formed by the triangle. Solution
(5) 4 persons live in a conical tent whose slant height is 19 cm. If each person require 22 cm2 of the floor area, then find the height of the tent. Solution
(6) A girl wishes to prepare birthday caps in the form of right circular cones for her birthday party, using a sheet of paper whose area is 5720 cm2, how many caps can be made with radius 5 cm and height 12 cm. Solution
(7) The ratio of the radii of two right circular cones of same height is 1:3. Find the ratio of their curved surface area when the height of each cone is 3 times the radius of the smaller cone. Solution
(8) The radius of a sphere increases by 25%. Find the percentage increase in its surface area. Solution
(9) The internal and external diameters of a hollow hemispherical vessel are 20 cm and 28 cm respectively. Find the cost to paint the vessel all over at ₹0.14 per cm2
(10) Th e frustum shaped outer portion of the table lamp has to be painted including the top part. Find the total cost of painting the lamp if the cost of painting 1 sq.cm is ₹2.
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Practice Questions Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Practice Questions Worksheet" if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on quadratic equations
Word problems on comparing rates
Ratio and proportion word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions