Binomial Expansion Practice Worksheet :
Here we are going to see how to find expansion using binomial theorem.
Binomial expansion for (x + a)n is,
nc0xna0 + nc1xn-1a1 + nc2xn-2a2 + .........+ ncnxn-na0(
If X is a set containing n elements, then we know that nCr is the number of subsets of X having exactly r elements. So by adding nCr for r = 0, 1, 2, . . . , n we get the number of subsets of X. So by using the above identity we see that a set of n elements has 2n subsets.
(1) Expand (i) [2x2 − (3/x)]3 Solution
(2) Expand (ii) (2x2 − 3√1 − x2)4 + (2x2 + 3√1 − x2)4 Solution
(3) Compute (i) 1024 (ii) 994 (iii) 97 Solution
(4) Using binomial theorem, indicate which of the following two number is larger: (1.01)1000000, 10000.
(5) Find the coefficient of x15 in (x2 + (1/x3))10 Solution
(6) Find the coefficient of x6 and the coefficient of x2 in (x2 - (1/x3))6 Solution
(7) Find the coefficient of x4 in the expansion of (1 + x3)50(x2 + 1/x)5. Solution
(8) Find the constant term of (2x3 - (1/3x2))5 Solution
(9) If n is a positive integer, show that, 9n+1 − 8n − 9 is always divisible by 64. Solution
(10) If n is an odd positive integer, prove that the coefficients of the middle terms in the expansion of (x + y)n are equal. Solution
(11) If n is a positive integer and r is a non negative integer, prove that the coefficients of xr and xn−r in the expansion of (1 + x)n are equal Solution
(12) If a and b are distinct integers, prove that a − b is a factor of an − bn, whenever n is a positive integer. [Hint: write an = (a − b + b)n and expand] Solution
(13) In the binomial expansion of (a + b)n, the coefficients of the 4th and 13th terms are equal to each other, find n. Solution
(14) If the binomial coefficients of three consecutive terms in the expansion of (a + x)n are in the ratio 1 : 7 : 42, then find n. Solution
(15) In the binomial coefficients of (1 + x)n, the coefficients of the 5th, 6th and 7th terms are in AP. Find all values of n. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood "Binomial Expansion Practice Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given above, if you want to know more about "Binomial Expansion Practice Worksheet". Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on quadratic equations
Word problems on comparing rates
Ratio and proportion word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions