Trigonometry Problems Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some practice questions in trigonometry. For each problem you can find step by step solution.
(1) Find the value of cos 2A, A lies in the first quadrant, when
(i) cos A = 15/17
(ii) sin A = 4/5
(iii) tan A = 16/63 Solution
(2) f θ is an acute angle, then find
(i) sin (π/4 - θ/2), when sin θ = 1/25 Solution
(ii) cos (π/4 + θ/2), when sin θ = 8/9 Solution
(3) If cos θ = (1/2) (a + 1/a), show that cos 3θ = (1/2) (a3 + 1/a3) Solution
(4) Prove that cos 5θ = 16cos5 θ − 20 cos3 θ + 5cos θ
(5) Prove that sin 4α = 4 tan α [(1 − tan2α)/(1 + tan2α)2]
(6) If A + B = 45◦, show that (1 + tan A) (1 + tan B) = 2.
(7) Prove that (1 + tan 1◦)(1 + tan 2◦)(1 + tan 3◦) ................(1 + tan 44◦) is a multiple of 4. Solution
(8) Prove that tan (π/4 + θ) - tan (π/4 − θ) = 2 tan 2θ.
(9) Show that cot (7 ½◦) = √2 + √3 + √4 + √6
(10) Prove that (1 + sec 2θ)(1 + sec 4θ).............(1 + sec 2nθ) = tan 2n θ cot θ
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood how to solve higher grade trigonometry problems.
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions