Surface Area and Volume of Combined Solids Worksheet :
Here we are going to see, some practice questions on finding surface area and volume of solids.
(1) A vessel is in the form of a hemispherical bowl mounted by a hollow cylinder. The diameter is 14 cm and the height of the vessel is 13 cm. Find the capacity of the vessel. Solution
(2) Nathan, an engineering student was asked to make a model shaped like a cylinder with two cones attached at its two ends. The diameter of the model is 3 cm and its length is 12 cm. If each cone has a height of 2 cm, find the volume of the model that Nathan made. Solution
(3) From a solid cylinder whose height is 2.4 cm and the diameter 1.4 cm, a cone of the same height and same diameter is carved out. Find the volume of the remaining solid to the nearest cm3. Solution
(4) A solid consisting of a right circular cone of height 12 cm and radius 6 cm standing on a hemisphere of radius 6 cm is placed upright in a right circular cylinder full of water such that it touches the bottom. Find the volume of the water displaced out of the cylinder, if the radius of the cylinder is 6 cm and height is 18 cm. Solution
(5) A capsule is in the shape of a cylinder with two hemisphere stuck to each of its ends. If the length of the entire capsule is 12 mm and the diameter of the capsule is 3 mm, how much medicine it can hold? Solution
(6) As shown in figure a cubical block of side 7 cm is surmounted by a hemisphere. Find the surface area of the solid. Solution
(7) A right circular cylinder just enclose a sphere of radius r units. Calculate (i) the surface area of the sphere (ii) the curved surface area of the cylinder (iii) the ratio of the areas obtained in (i) and (ii). Solution
(8) A shuttle cock used for playing badminton has the shape of a frustum of a cone is mounted on a hemisphere. The diameters of the frustum are 5 cm and 2 cm. The height of the entire shuttle cock is 7 cm. Find its external surface area. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Surface Area and Volume of Combined Solids Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Surface Area and Volume of Combined Solids Worksheet" if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions