Section Formula Worksheet with Answers :
Practice questions given in this section will be much useful for the students who would like to practice the concept section formula.
(1) Find the
coordinates of the point which divides the join of (-1,7) and (4,-3) in the
ratio 2 : 3. Solution
(2) Find the coordinates of the points of trisection of the line segment joining (4,-1) and (-2,-3). Solution
(3) To conduct sports day activity, in your rectangular shaped school ground ABCD, lines have been drawn which chalk powder at a distance of 1 m each 100 flower pots have been placed at a distance of 1 m from each other along AD,as shown in figure.
Niharika runs ¼ th the distance AD on the second line and posts a green flag. Preet runs 1/5th the distance AD on the eight line and posts a red flag. What is between both the flags?
If Rashmi has to post a blue flag exactly halfway between the line segment joining the two flags,where should she post her flag? Solution
(4) Find the ratio in which the line segment joining the points (-3, 10) and (6, -8) is divided by (-1, 6). Solution
(5) Find the ratio in which the line segment joining A (1,-5) and B(-4,5) is divided by the x axis.Also find the coordinates of the point of division. Solution
(6) If (1,2),(4,y) (x,6) and (3,5) are the vertices of a parallelogram taken in order, find x and y Solution
(7) Find the coordinates of a point A, where AB is the diameter of a circle whose center is (2, -3) and B(1, 4)
(8) If A and B are (-2, -2) and (2, -4),respectively,find the coordinates of P such that AP = (3/7) AB and P lies on the line segment AB. Solution
(9) Find the coordinates of the points which divide the line segment joining A (-2, 2) and B(2, 8) into four equal parts. Solution
(10) Find the area of a rhombus if its vertices are (3, 0) (4, 5) (-1, 4) and (-2, -1) taken in order.
[Hint:Area of rhombus = (1/2) product of its diagonals] Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, section formula worksheet with answers.
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions