Problem Solving with Quadrilaterals Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some practice problems on solving with quadrilaterals.
(1) Th e angles of a quadrilateral are in the ratio 2 : 4 : 5 : 7. Find all the angles. Solution
(2) In a quadrilateral ABCD, ∠A = 72° and ∠C is the supplementary of ∠A. The other two angles are 2x–10 and x + 4. Find the value of x and the measure of all the angles. Solution
(3) ABCD is a rectangle whose diagonals AC and BD intersect at O. If ∠OAB =46°, find ∠OBC Solution
(4) The lengths of the diagonals of a Rhombus are 12 cm and 16 cm . Find the side of the rhombus. Solution
(5) Show that the bisectors of angles of a parallelogram form a rectangle . Solution
(6) If a triangle and a parallelogram lie on the same base and between the same parallels, then prove that the area of the triangle is equal to half of the area of parallelogram. Solution
(7) Iron rods a, b, c, d, e, and f are making a design in a bridge as shown in the figure. If a || b , c || d , e || f , find the marked angles between
(i) b and c
(ii) d and e
(iii d and f
(iv) c and f
(8) In the given, ∠A = 64° , ∠ABC = 58°. If BO and CO are the bisectors of ∠ABC and ∠ACB respectively of ΔABC, find x° and y°
(9) In the given, if AB = 2, BC = 6, AE = 6, BF = 8, CE = 7, and CF = 7, compute the ratio of the area of quadrilateral ABDE to the area of ΔCDF.
(10) In the figure, ABCD is a rectangle and EFGH is a parallelogram. Using the measurements given in the figure, what is the length d of the segment that is perpendicular to HE and FG?
(11) In parallelogram ABCD of the accompanying diagram, line DP is drawn bisecting BC at N and meeting AB (extended) at P. From vertex C, line CQ is drawn bisecting side AD at M and meeting AB (extended) at Q. Lines DP and CQ meet at O. Show that the area of triangle QPO is 9/8 of the area of the parallelogram.
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Problem Solving with Quadrilaterals Worksheet"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Area and perimeter worksheets
Decimal place value worksheets
Area and perimeter
Different forms equations of straight lines
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on simple equations
Word problems on quadratic equations
Area and perimeter word problems
Word problems on comparing rates
Ratio and proportion word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions