Finding Quotient and Remainder of Polynomials Worksheet
Here we are going to see some practice questions on finding quotient and remainder using long division and synthetic division.
(1) Find the quotient and remainder of the following.
(i) (4x3 + 6x2 – 23x +18) ÷ (x+3)
(ii) (8y3 – 16y2 + 16y –15) ÷ (2y–1)
(iii) (8x3 – 1) ÷ (2x – 1)
(iv) (-18z + 14z2 + 24z3 + 18) ÷ (3z + 4) Solution
(2) The area of a rectangle is x2 + 7x + 12. If its breadth is (x + 3), then find its length. Solution
(3) The base of a parallelogram is (5x + 4). Find its height, if the area is 25x2 – 16. Solution
(4) The sum of (x + 5) observations is (x3 + 125). Find the mean of the observations. Solution
(5) Find the quotient and remainder for the following using synthetic division:
(i) (x3 + x2 - 7x - 3) ÷ (x - 3)
(ii) (x3 + 2x2 - x - 4) ÷ (x + 2)
(iii) (3x3 - 2x2 + 7x - 5) ÷ (x + 3)
(iv) (8x4 - 2x2 + 6x + 5) ÷ (4x + 1)
(v) (8x4 - 2x2 + 6x + 5) ÷ (4x + 1) Solution
(6) If the quotient obtained on dividing (8x4 - 2x2 + 6x - 7) by (2x + 1) is (4x3 + px2 - qx + 3) then find p, q and also the remainder. Solution
(7) If the quotient obtained on dividing 3x3 + 11x2 + 34x + 106 by x - 3 is 3x2 + ax + b, then find a, b and also the remainder. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Finding Quotient and Remainder of Polynomials Worksheet"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit the following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Analytical geometry calculators
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Ratio and proportion shortcuts
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions