Cross multiplication method worksheet contains some practice questions. You can try each questions on your own if you find it difficult to do any problems you can just click the solution link to get clear solution with detailed explanation.
Solve the following system of equations using cross multiplication method
(i) 3 x + 4 y = 24, 20 x - 11 y = 47 Solution
(ii) 0.5 x + 0.8 y = 0.44 , 0.8 x + 0.6 y = 0.5 Solution
(iii) (3x/2) - (5y/3) = -2 , (x/3) + (y/2) = 13/6 Solution
(iv) (5/x) - (4/y) = -2 , (2/x) + (3/y) = 13 Solution
Formulate the following problems as a pair of equations and find their solutions :
1. One number is greater than thrice the other number by 2. If four times the smaller number exceeds the greater by 5, find the numbers.
2. The ratio of income of two persons is 1 : 2 and the ratio of their expenditure is 3 : 7. If the first person saves $2000 and the second person saves $3000, find the expenditure of each person.
3. Three chairs and two tables cost $700 and five chairs and six tables cost $1100. Find the cost of each chair.
4. A father's age is three times the sum of the age of his two son. After 5 years, his age will be twice the sum of the ages of his two sons. Find the present age of the father.
5. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 2 and the denominator by 1, it becomes 1. Again if the numerator is decreased by 4 and the denominator by 2, it becomes 1/2. Find the fraction.
After having gone through the stuff, we hope that the students would have understood "Cross multiplication method worksheet"
Apart from the stuff given above, if you want to know more about "Cross multiplication method worksheet", please click here
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions