Arithmetic Sequence Worksheet for Grade 10
Here we are going to see some practice questions on arithmetic sequence for 10th grade.
(1) Check whether the following sequences are in A.P.
(i) a - 3, a - 5, a -7,... Solution
(ii) 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5........ Solution
(iii) 9, 13, 17, 21, 25,... Solution
(iv) -1/3, 0, 1/3, 2/3......... Solution
(v) 1, -1, 1, -1, 1, -1,............ Solution
(2) First term a and common difference d are given below. Find the corresponding A.P.
(i) a = 5 , d = 6 Solution
(ii) a = 7 , d =−5 Solution
(iii) a = 3/4, d = 1/2 Solution
(3) Find the first term and common difference of the Arithmetic Progressions whose nth terms are given below
(i) tn = −3 +2n Solution
(ii) tn = 4 - 7n Solution
(4) Find the 19th term of an A.P. -11,-15,-19,... Solution
(5) Which term of an A.P. 16, 11, 6, 1,... is -54 ?
(6) Find the middle term(s) of an A.P. 9, 15, 21, 27,…,183.
(7) If nine times ninth term is equal to the fifteen times fifteenth term, show that six times twenty fourth term is zero. Solution
(8) If 3 + k, 18 - k, 5k + 1 are in A.P. then find k Solution
(9) Find x, y and z, given that the numbers x, 10, y, 24, z are in A.P. Solution
(10) In a theatre, there are 20 seats in the front row and 30 rows were allotted. Each successive row contains two additional seats than its front row. How many seats are there in the last row? Solution
(11) The sum of three consecutive terms that are in A.P. is 27 and their product is 288. Find the three terms.
(13) The ratio of 6th and 8th term of an A.P. is 7:9. Find the ratio of 9th term to 13th term. Solution
(14) In a winter season let us take the temperature of Ooty from Monday to Friday to be in A.P. The sum of temperatures from Monday to Wednesday is 0° C and the sum of the temperatures from Wednesday to Friday is 18° C. Find the temperature on each of the five days.
(15) Priya earned ₹15,000 in the first month. Thereafter her salary increased by ₹1500 per year. Her expenses are ₹13,000 during the first year and the expenses increases by ₹900 per year. How long will it take for her to save ₹20,000 per month. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Arithmetic Sequence Worksheet for Grade 10".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Arithmetic Sequence Worksheet for Grade 10", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions