Angle of Elevation and Depression Word Problems Worksheet :
Here we are going to see, some practice problems involving angle of elevation and depression.
(1) From the top of a tree of height 13 m the angle of elevation and depression of the top and bottom of another tree are 45° and 30° respectively. Find the height of the second tree. (√3 = 1.732) Solution
(2) A man is standing on the deck of a ship, which is 40 m above water level. He observes the angle of elevation of the top of a hill as 60° and the angle of depression of the base of the hill as 30° . Calculate the distance of the hill from the ship and the height of the hill. (√3 = 1.732)
(3) If the angle of elevation of a cloud from a point ‘h’ meters above a lake is θ1 and the angle of depression of its reflection in the lake is θ2 . Prove that the height that the cloud is located from the ground is h(tan θ1+ tan θ2)/(tan θ2 - tan θ1) Solution
(4) The angle of elevation of the top of a cell phone tower from the foot of a high apartment is 60° and the angle of depression of the foot of the tower from the top of the apartment is 30° . If the height of the apartment is 50 m, find the height of the cell phone tower. According to radiations control norms, the minimum height of a cell phone tower should be 120 m. State if the height of the above mentioned cell phone tower meets the radiation norms. Solution
(5) The angles of elevation and depression of the top and bottom of a lamp post from the top of a 66 m high apartment are 60° and 30° respectively. Find (i) The height of the lamp post. (ii) The difference between height of the lamp post and the apartment. (iii) The distance between the lamp post and the apartment. (√3 = 1.732) Solution
(6) Three villagers A, B and C can see each other across a valley. The horizontal distance between A and B is 8 km and the horizontal distance between B and C is 12 km. The angle of depression of B from A is 20° and the angle of elevation of C from B is 30° . Calculate : (i) the vertical height between A and B. (ii) the vertical height between B and C. (tan 20° = 0.3640, √3 = 1.732)]
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood how to solve word problems on angle of elevation and depression.
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions