(1) Check whether the which triangles are similar and find the value of x.
(2) A girl looks the reflection of the top of the lamp post on the mirror which is 6.6 m away from the foot of the lamppost. The girl whose height is 1.25 m is standing 2.5 m away from the mirror. Assuming the mirror is placed on the ground facing the sky and the girl, mirror and the lamppost are in a same line, find the height of the lamp post. Solution
(3) A vertical stick of length 6 m casts a shadow 400 cm long on the ground and at the same time a tower casts a shadow 28 m long. Using similarity, find the height of the tower. Solution
(4) Two triangles QPR and QSR, right angled at P and S respectively are drawn on the same base QR and on the same side of QR. If PR and SQ intersect at T, prove that PT × TR = ST × TQ. Solution
(5) In the adjacent figure, triangle ABC is right angled at C and DE ⊥ AB . Prove that ΔABC ∼ ΔADE and hence find the lengths of AE and DE.
(6) In the adjacent figure, ΔACB ∼ ΔAPQ . If BC = 8 cm, PQ = 4 cm, BA = 6.5 cm and AP = 2.8 cm, find CA and AQ.
(7) If figure OPRQ is a square and <MLN = 90° . Prove that (i) ΔLOP ∼ ΔQMO (ii) ΔLOP ∼ ΔRPN (iii) ΔQMO ∼ ΔRPN (iv) QR2 = MQ × RN
(8) If ΔABC ∼ ΔDEF such that area of ΔABC is 9cm2 and the area of ΔDEF is 16cm2 and BC = 2.1 cm. Find the length of EF. Solution
(9) Two vertical poles of heights 6 m and 3 m are erected above a horizontal ground AC. Find the value of y.
Apart from the stuff given above, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit the following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Analytical geometry calculators
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Ratio and proportion shortcuts
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions