Worksheet on Similar Triangles for Grade 10 :
Here we are going to see some practice problems based on the concept similar triangles.
(1) Check whether the which triangles are similar and find the value of x.
(2) A girl looks the reflection of the top of the lamp post on the mirror which is 6.6 m away from the foot of the lamppost. The girl whose height is 1.25 m is standing 2.5 m away from the mirror. Assuming the mirror is placed on the ground facing the sky and the girl, mirror and the lamppost are in a same line, find the height of the lamp post. Solution
(3) A vertical stick of length 6 m casts a shadow 400 cm long on the ground and at the same time a tower casts a shadow 28 m long. Using similarity, find the height of the tower. Solution
(4) Two triangles QPR and QSR, right angled at P and S respectively are drawn on the same base QR and on the same side of QR. If PR and SQ intersect at T, prove that PT × TR = ST × TQ. Solution
(5) In the adjacent figure, triangle ABC is right angled at C and DE ⊥ AB . Prove that ΔABC ∼ ΔADE and hence find the lengths of AE and DE.
(6) In the adjacent figure, ΔACB ∼ ΔAPQ . If BC = 8 cm, PQ = 4 cm, BA = 6.5 cm and AP = 2.8 cm, find CA and AQ.
(7) If figure OPRQ is a square and <MLN = 90° . Prove that (i) ΔLOP ∼ ΔQMO (ii) ΔLOP ∼ ΔRPN (iii) ΔQMO ∼ ΔRPN (iv) QR2 = MQ × RN
(8) If ΔABC ∼ ΔDEF such that area of ΔABC is 9cm2 and the area of ΔDEF is 16cm2 and BC = 2.1 cm. Find the length of EF. Solution
(9) Two vertical poles of heights 6 m and 3 m are erected above a horizontal ground AC. Find the value of y.
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Worksheet on Similar Triangles for Grade 10".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Worksheet on Similar Triangles for Grade 10", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Area and perimeter worksheets
Decimal place value worksheets
Area and perimeter
Different forms equations of straight lines
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on simple equations
Word problems on quadratic equations
Area and perimeter word problems
Word problems on comparing rates
Ratio and proportion word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions