Word Problems on Mensuration for Grade 10 Worksheet :
Here we are going to see an example problem on the topic mensuration.
(1) The barrel of a fountain-pen cylindrical in shape, is 7 cm long and 5 mm in diameter. A full barrel of ink in the pen will be used for writing 330 words on an average. How many words can be written using a bottle of ink containing one fifth of a litre? Solution
(2) A hemi-spherical tank of radius 1.75 m is full of water. It is connected with a pipe which empties the tank at the rate of 7 litre per second. How much time will it take to empty the tank completely? Solution
(3) Find the maximum volume of a cone that can be carved out of a solid hemisphere of radius r units. Solution
(4) An oil funnel of tin sheet consists of a cylindrical portion 10 cm long attached to a frustum of a cone. If the total height is 22 cm, the diameter of the cylindrical portion be 8 cm and the diameter of the top of the funnel be 18 cm, then find the area of the tin sheet required to make the funnel. Solution
(5) Find the number of coins, 1.5 cm in diameter and 2 mm thick, to be melted to form a right circular cylinder of height 10 cm and diameter 4.5 cm. Solution
(6) A hollow metallic cylinder whose external radius is 4.3 cm and internal radius is 1.1 cm and whole length is 4 cm is melted and recast into a solid cylinder of 12 cm long. Find the diameter of solid cylinder. Solution
(7) The slant height of a frustum of a cone is 4 m and the perimeter of circular ends are 18 m and 16 m. Find the cost of painting its curved surface area at ₹100 per sq. m. Solution
(8) A hemi-spherical hollow bowl has material of volume 436π/3 cubic cm. Its external diameter is 14 cm. Find its thickness. Solution
(9) The volume of a cone is 1005 5/7 cu. cm. The area of its base is 201 1/7 sq. cm. Find the slant height of the cone. Solution
(10) A metallic sheet in the form of a sector of a circle of radius 21 cm has central angle of 216°. The sector is made into a cone by bringing the bounding radii together. Find the volume of the cone formed. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Word Problems on Mensuration for Grade 10 Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Word Problems on Mensuration for Grade 10 Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions