Using the Midpoint Formula Worksheet :
Here we are going to see practice questions using the midpoint formula.
(1) Find the mid-points of the line segment joining the points
(i) (−2, 3) and (−6,−5)
(ii) (8,−2) and (−8,0)
(iii) (a, b) and (a + 2b, 2a - b)
(iv) (1/2, -3/7) and (3/2, -11/7) Solution
(2) The centre of a circle is (−4, 2). If one end of the diameter of the circle is (−3, 7), then find the other end
(3) If the mid-point (x, y) of the line joining (3, 4) and (p, 7) lies on 2x + 2y + 1 = 0 , then what will be the value of p?
(4) The mid-point of the sides of a triangle are (2, 4), (−2, 3) and (5, 2). Find the coordinates of the vertices of the triangle. Solution
(5) O(0, 0) is the centre of a circle whose one chord is AB, where the points A and B are (8,6) and (10,0) respectively. OD is the perpendicular from the centre to the chord AB. Find the coordinates of the mid-point of OD. Solution
(6) The points A(−5, 4), B(−1, −2) and C(5, 2) are the vertices of an isosceles right-angled triangle where the right angle is at B. Find the coordinates of D so that ABCD is a square. Solution
(7) The points A(−3, 6) , B(0, 7) and C(1, 9) are the mid-points of the sides DE, EF and FD of a triangle DEF. Show that the quadrilateral ABCD is a parallelogram
(8) A (−3, 2) , B (3, 2) and C (−3, −2) are the vertices of the right triangle, right angled at A. Show that the mid-point of the hypotenuse is equidistant from the vertices.
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Using the Midpoint Formula Worksheet"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit the following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Analytical geometry calculators
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Ratio and proportion shortcuts
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions