Solving Systems of Equations Using Cramers Rule Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some example problems of solving linear equations by crammer's rule.
(1) Solve the following systems of linear equations by Cramer’s rule:
(i) 5x − 2y + 16 = 0, x + 3y − 7 = 0 Solution
(ii) (3/x) + 2y = 12, (2/x) + 3y = 13 Solution
(iii) 3x + 3y − z =11, 2x − y + 2z = 9, 4x + 3y + 2z = 25
(iv) (3/x) - (4/y) - (2/z) - 1 = 0
(1/x) + (2/y) + (1/z) - 2 = 0
(2/x) - (5/y) - (4/z) + 1 = 0 Solution
(2) In a competitive examination, one mark is awarded for every correct answer while 1/4 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. A student answered 100 questions and got 80 marks. How many questions did he answer correctly ? (Use Cramer’s rule to solve the problem)
(3) A chemist has one solution which is 50% acid and another solution which is 25% acid. How much each should be mixed to make 10 litres of a 40% acid solution ? (Use Cramer’s rule to solve the problem). Solution
(4) A fish tank can be filled in 10 minutes using both pumps A and B simultaneously. However, pump B can pump water in or out at the same rate. If pump B is inadvertently run in reverse, then the tank will be filled in 30 minutes. How long would it take each pump to fill the tank by itself ? (Use Cramer’s rule to solve the problem).
(5) A family of 3 people went out for dinner in a restaurant. The cost of two dosai, three idlies and two vadais is ₹ 150. The cost of the two dosai, two idlies and four vadais is ₹200. The cost of five dosai, four idlies and two vadais is ₹250. The family has ₹350 in hand and they ate 3 dosai and six idlies and six vadais. Will they be able to manage to pay the bill within the amount they had ?
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Solving Systems of Equations Using Cramers Rule Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Solving Systems of Equations Using Cramers Rule Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
MATH FOR KIDS
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions