Quadratic Functions Worksheet for Grade 11 :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on quadratic functions.
1) Construct a quadratic equation with roots 7 and −3.
2) A quadratic polynomial has one of its zeros 1 +√5 and it satisfies p(1) = 2. Find the quadratic polynomial.
3) If α and β are the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + √2x+3 = 0, form a quadratic polynomial with zeroes 1/α, 1/β .
4) If one root of k(x − 1)2 = 5x − 7 is double the other root, show that k = 2 or −25.
5) If the difference of the roots of the equation 2x2 − (a+1)x + a −1 = 0 is equal to their product, then prove that a = 2.
6) Find the condition that one of the roots of ax2 + bx + c may be
(i) negative of the other,
(ii) thrice the other,
(iii) reciprocal of the other. Solution
7) If the equations x2 −ax+b = 0 and x2 −ex+f = 0 have one root in common and if the second equation has equal roots, then prove that ae = 2(b + f). Solution
8) Discuss the nature of roots of
(i) −x2 + 3x+1 = 0,
(ii) 4x2 − x − 2 = 0,
(iii) 9x2 + 5x = 0. Solution
9) Without sketching the graphs, find whether the graphs of the following functions will intersect the x-axis and if so in how many points.
(i) y = x2 + x + 2
(ii) y = x2 − 3x − 7
(iii) y = x2 + 6x + 9. Solution
10) Write f(x) = x2 + 5x + 4 in completed square form.
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Quadratic Functions Worksheet for Grade 11".
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions