Probability Practice Problems :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on probability.
(1) An experiment has the four possible mutually exclusive and exhaustive outcomes A, B, C, and D. Check whether the following assignments of probability are permissible.
(i) P(A) = 0.15, P(B) = 0.30, P(C) = 0.43, P(D) = 0.12
(ii) P(A) = 0.22, P(B) = 0.38, P(C) = 0. 16, P (D) = 0.34
(iii) P(A) = 2/5, P(B) = 3/5, P(C) = -1/5 , P(D) = 1/5
(2) If two coins are tossed simultaneously, then find the probability of getting (i) one head and one tail (ii) at most two tails Solution
(3) Five mangoes and 4 apples are in a box. If two fruits are chosen at random, find the probability that (i) one is a mango and the other is an apple (ii) both are of the same variety. Solution
(4) What is the chance that (i) non-leap year (ii) leap year should have fifty three Sundays? Solution
(5) Eight coins are tossed once, find the probability of getting (i) exactly two tails (ii) at least two tails (iii) at most two tails Solution
(6) An integer is chosen at random from the first 100 positive integers. What is the probability that the integer chosen is a prime or multiple of 8? Solution
(7) A bag contains 7 red and 4 black balls, 3 balls are drawn at random. Find the probability that (i) all are red (ii) one red and 2 black. Solution
(8) A single card is drawn from a pack of 52 cards. What is the probability that (i) the card is an ace or a king (ii) the card will be 6 or smaller (iii) the card is either a queen or 9? Solution
(9) A cricket club has 16 members, of whom only 5 can bowl. What is the probability that in a team of 11 members at least 3 bowlers are selected? Solution
(10) (i) The odds that the event A occurs is 5 to 7, find P(A).
(ii) Suppose P(B) = 2/5. Express the odds that the event B occurs. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Probability Practice Problems"
Apart from the stuff given in "Probability Practice Problems", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
Sum and product of the roots of a quadratic equations
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions