Practice Worksheet Using Section Formula for Grade 9 :
Here we are going to see some practice questions using section formula.
(1) Find the coordinates of the point which divides the line segment joining the points A(4,−3) and B(9, 7) in the ratio 3:2. Solution
(2) In what ratio does the point P(2,−5) divide the line segment joining A(−3, 5) and B(4, −9). Solution
(3) Find the coordinates of a point P on the line segment joining A(1, 2) and B(6, 7) in such a way that AP = (2/5) AB. Solution
(4) Find the coordinates of the points of trisection of the line segment joining the points A(−5, 6) and B(4,−3). Solution
(5) The line segment joining A(6,3) and B(−1, −4) is doubled in length by adding half of AB to each end. Find the coordinates of the new end points. Solution
(6) Using section formula, show that the points A(7, −5), B(9, −3) and C(13, 1) are collinear. Solution
(7) A line segment AB is increased along its length by 25% by producing it to C on the side of B. If A and B have the coordinates (−2, −3) and (2, 1) respectively, then find the coordinates of C. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Practice Worksheet Using Section Formula for Grade 9"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions