Practice Problems on General Sequence :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on sequence.
(1) Find the next three terms of the following sequence.
(i) 8, 24, 72, … Solution
(ii) 5, 1,-3,… Solution
(iii) 1/4, 2/9, 3/16,… Solution
(2) Find the first four terms of the sequences whose nth terms are given by
(i) an = n3 −2 Solution
(ii) an = (−1)n+1 n(n + 1) Solution
(iii) an = 2n2 - 6 Solution
(3) Find the nth term of the following sequences
(i) 2, 5, 10, 17,....... Solution
(ii) 0, 1/2, 2/3, ............ Solution
(iii) 3, 8, 13, 18,... Solution
(4) Find the indicated terms of the sequences whose nth terms are given by
(i) an = 5n / (n + 2); a6 and a13 Solution
(ii) an = -(n2 - 4); a4 and a11 Solution
(5) Find a8 and a15 whose nth term is
(6) If a1 = 1, a2 = 1 and an = 2an - 1 + an - 2 n ≥ 3, n ∈ N, then find the first six terms of the sequence.
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Practice Problems on General Sequence".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Practice Problems on General Sequence", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Area and perimeter worksheets
Decimal place value worksheets
Area and perimeter
Different forms equations of straight lines
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on simple equations
Word problems on quadratic equations
Area and perimeter word problems
Word problems on comparing rates
Ratio and proportion word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions