Practice Problems on General Sequence :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on sequence.
(1) Find the next three terms of the following sequence.
(i) 8, 24, 72, … Solution
(ii) 5, 1,-3,… Solution
(iii) 1/4, 2/9, 3/16,… Solution
(2) Find the first four terms of the sequences whose nth terms are given by
(i) an = n3 −2 Solution
(ii) an = (−1)n+1 n(n + 1) Solution
(iii) an = 2n2 - 6 Solution
(3) Find the nth term of the following sequences
(i) 2, 5, 10, 17,....... Solution
(ii) 0, 1/2, 2/3, ............ Solution
(iii) 3, 8, 13, 18,... Solution
(4) Find the indicated terms of the sequences whose nth terms are given by
(i) an = 5n / (n + 2); a6 and a13 Solution
(ii) an = -(n2 - 4); a4 and a11 Solution
(5) Find a8 and a15 whose nth term is
(6) If a1 = 1, a2 = 1 and an = 2an - 1 + an - 2 n ≥ 3, n ∈ N, then find the first six terms of the sequence.
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Practice Problems on General Sequence".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Practice Problems on General Sequence", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions