Operations on Rational Numbers Worksheet for Grade 8 :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on operations on rational numbers.
(1) Fill in the blanks:
(i) −19/5 lies between the integers __________ and __________.
(ii) The rational number that is represented by 0.44 is __________.
(iii) The standard form of + 58/(-78) is _________
(iv) The value of (-5/12) + (7/15) =
(v) The value of
(2) Say True or False:
(i) 0 is the smallest rational number.
(ii) There are an unlimited number of rational numbers between 0 and 1.
(iii) The rational number which does not have a reciprocal is 0.
(iv) The only rational number which is its own reciprocal is –1.
(v) The rational numbers that are equal to their additive inverses are 0 and–1. Solution
(3) List five rational numbers between
(i) –2 and 0
(ii) -1/2 and 3/5
(iii) 0.25 and 0.35
(iv) –1.2 and -2.3 Solution
(4) Write four rational numbers equivalent to
(i) −3/5 (ii) -7/6 (iii) 8/9
(5) Draw the number line and represent the following rational numbers on it
(i) 9/4 (ii) -8/3 (iii) -17/(-5) (iv) -15/4
Find the rational numbers for the question marks marked on the number line.
(7) Using average, write 3 rational numbers between (14/5) and (16/3) Solution
(8) Verify that −(−x) is the same x for:
(i) x = 11/15
(ii) x = -31/45 Solution
(8) Re-arrange suitably and add :
(9) What should be added to -8/9 to get 2/5 ? Solution
(10) Subtract -8/44 from -17/11 Solution
(i) (9/2) x (-11/3)
(ii) (-7/27) x (24/(-35))
(i) (-21/5) by (-7/-10)
(ii) (-3/13) by (-3)
(iii) -2 by -6/15
(13) Simplify (2/5 + 3/2) ÷ (3/10) as a rational number and show that it is between 6 and 7. Solution
(14) Write five rational numbers which are less than –2.
(15) Compare the following pairs of rational numbers.
(i) −11/5, -21/8
(ii) 3/(-4) , -1/2
(iii) 2/3, 4/5 Solution
(16) Arrange the following rational numbers in ascending and descending order.
(i) -5/12, -11/8, -15/24, -7/(-9), 12/36
(ii) -17/10, -7/5, 0, -2/4, -19/20
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Operations on Rational Numbers Worksheet for Grade 8"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions