Limits And Continuity Worksheet With Answer :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on limits and continuity.
(1) (a) Find the left and right limits of
f(x) = (x2 - 4) / (x2 + 4x + 4) (x + 3) at x = -2
(b) f (x) = tan x at x = π/2 Solution
(2) Evaluate the following
lim x->3 (x2 - 9) / x2(x2 - 6x + 9) Solution
(3) lim x->∞ [3/(x - 2) - (2x + 11)/(x2 + x - 6)] Solution
(4) lim x->∞ (x3 + x)/(x4 - 3x2 + 1) Solution
(5) lim x->∞ (x4 - 5x)/(x2 - 3x + 1) Solution
(6) lim x->∞ [(1 + x - 3x3)/(1 + x2 + 3x3)] Solution
(7) lim x->∞ [x3/(2x2 - 1) - x2/(2x + 1)] Solution
(8) (i) Show that lim n->∞ (1 + 2 + 3 + .........+ n) / (3n2+ 7n +2) = 1/6 Solution
(ii) Show that lim n->∞ (12+22+.........+(3n)2) / (1+2+....+5n)(2n+3) = 9/25 Solution
(iii) Show that lim n->∞ (1/1⋅2 + 1/2⋅3 + 1/3⋅4+....+1/n(n+1)) = 1 Solution
(9) An important problem in fishery science is to estimate the number of fish presently spawning in streams and use this information to predict the number of mature fish or “recruits” that will return to the rivers during the reproductive period. If S is the number of spawners and R the number of recruits, “Beverton-Holt spawner recruit function” is R(S) = S/(αS + ᵦ) where a and b are positive constants. Show that this function predicts approximately constant recruitment when the number of spawners is sufficiently large. Solution
(10) A tank contains 5000 litres of pure water. Brine (very salty water) that contains 30 grams of salt per litre of water is pumped into the tank at a rate of 25 litres per minute. The concentration of salt water after t minutes (in grams per litre) is C(t) = 30t/(200 + t).What happens to the concentration as t -> ∞ Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Limits And Continuity Worksheet With Answer"
Apart from the stuff given in "Limits And Continuity Worksheet With Answer", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit the following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Analytical geometry calculators
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Ratio and proportion shortcuts
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions