Equation of a Line Practice Worksheet :
Here we are going to see, some practice problems on finding equation of the line.
(1) Find the equation of a straight line passing through the mid-point of a line segment joining the points (1, -5) , (4, 2) and parallel to :
(i) X axis (ii) Y axis Solution
(2) The equation of a straight line is 2(x −y)+ 5 = 0 . Find its slope, inclination and intercept on the Y axis.
(3) Find the equation of a line whose inclination is 30˚ and making an intercept -3 on the Y axis. Solution
(4) Find the slope and y intercept of √3x +(1 − √3)y = 3 .
(5) Find the value of ‘a’, if the line through (–2, 3) and (8, 5) is perpendicular to y = ax + 2 Solution
(6) The hill is in the form of a triangle has its foot at (19, 3) . The inclination of the hill to the ground is 45˚. Find the equation of the hill joining the foot and top.
(7) Find the equation of a line through the given pair of points
(i) (2, 2/3) and (-1/2, -2) Solution
(ii) (2, 3) and (-7,-1) Solution
(8) A cat is located at the point(-6,-4) in xy plane. A bottle of milk is kept at (5,11). The cat wishes to consume the milk travelling through shortest possible distance. Find the equation of the path it needs to take its milk.
(9) Find the equation of the median and altitude of triangle ABC through A where the vertices are A(6,2) , B(-5,-1) and C(1,9) Solution
(10) Find the equation of a straight line which has Slope -5/4 and passing through the point (–1, 2). Solution
(11) You are downloading a song. The percent y (in decimal form) of mega bytes remaining to get downloaded in x seconds is given by y = −0.1x +1.
(i) graph the equation.
(ii) find the total MB of the song.
(iii) after how many seconds will 75% of the song gets downloaded?
(iv) after how many seconds the song will be downloaded completely? Solution
(12) Find the equation of a line whose intercepts on the x and y axes are given below.
(i) 4, –6 (ii) -5, 3/4 Solution
(13) Find the intercepts made by the following lines on the coordinate axes.
(i) 3x − 2y − 6 = 0 Solution
(ii) 4x + 3y +12 = 0 Solution
(14) Find the equation of a straight line
(i) passing through (1,-4) and has intercepts which are in the ratio 2 : 5 Solution
(ii) passing through (-8, 4) and making equal intercepts on the coordinate axes Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Equation of a Line Practice Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Equation of a Line Practice Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit the following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Analytical geometry calculators
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Ratio and proportion shortcuts
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions