Basic Trigonometry Practice Problems for Grade 11 :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on basic trigonometry.
(1) Express each of the following angles in radian measure
(i) 30° (ii) 135° (iii) -205° (iv) 150° (v) 330°
(2) Find the degree measure corresponding to the following radian measures
(i) π/3 (ii) π/9 (iii) 2π/5 (iv) 7π/3 (v) 10π/9
(3) What must be the radius of a circular running path, around which an athlete must run 5 times in order to describe 1 km?
(4) In a circle of diameter 40 cm, a chord is of length 20 cm. Find the length of the minor arc of the chord.
(5) Find the degree measure of the angle subtended at the centre of circle of radius 100 cm by an arc of length 22 cm. Solution
(6) What is the length of the arc intercepted by a central angle of measure 41◦ in a circle of radius 10 ft?
(7) If in two circles, arcs of the same length subtend angles 60◦ and 75◦ at the centre, find the ratio of their radii. Solution
(8) The perimeter of a certain sector of a circle is equal to the length of the arc of a semi circle having the same radius. Express the angle of the sector in degrees, minutes and seconds. Solution
(9) An airplane propeller rotates 1000 times per minute. Find the number of degrees that a point on the edge of the propeller will rotate in 1 second. Solution
(10) A train is moving on a circular track of 1500 m radius at the rate of 66 km/hr. What angle will it turn in 20 seconds? Solution
(11) A circular metallic plate of radius 8 cm and thickness 6 mm is melted and molded into a pie (a sector of the circle with thickness) of radius 16 cm and thickness 4 mm. Find the angle of the sector. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood how to solve basic trigonometry problems.
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
Area of triangle
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions