Basic Proportionality Theorem Worksheet with Answers :
Practice questions given in this section will be much useful for the students who would like to practice of geometry concept basic proportionality theorem.
To know more about the basic proportionality theorem, please visit the page "Basic proportionality theorem"
(1) In a triangle ABC,D and E are points on the sides AB and AC respectively such that DE is parallel to BC.
(i) If AD = 6 cm, DB = 9 cm and AE = 8 cm, then find AC.
(ii) If AD = 8 cm, AB = 12 cm and AE =12 cm, then find CE. Solution
(iii) If AD = 4 x – 3, BD = 3 x – 1, AE = 8 x – 7 and EC = 5 x – 3, then find the value of x. Solution
(2) In the figure, AP = 3 cm, AR = 4.5 cm, AQ = 6 cm, AB = 5 cm and AC = 10 cm. Find the length of AD.
(3) E and F are points on the sides PQ and PR respectively, of a triangle PQR. For each of the following cases. Verify EF is parallel to QR.
(i) PE = 3.9 cm, EQ = 3 cm, PF = 3.6 cm and FR = 2.4 cm
(ii) PE = 4 cm, QE = 4.5 cm, PF = 8 cm and RF = 9 cm
(4) In the figure, AC is parallel to BD and CF is parallel to DF, if OA = 12 cm, AB = 9 cm, OC = 8 cm and EF = 4.5 cm, then find FQ.
(5) ABCD is a quadrilateral with AB parallel to CD. A line drawn parallel to AB meets AD at P and BC at Q. Prove that (AP/PD) = (BQ/QC) Solution
(6) In t he figure, PC and QK are parallel BC and HK are parallel, if AQ = 6 cm, QH = 4 cm, HP = 5 cm, KC = 18 cm, then find AK and PB.
(7) In the figure DE is parallel to AQ and DF is parallel to AR prove that EF is parallel to QR.
(8) In the figure the sides DE and AB are parallel and DF and AC are parallel. Prove that EF and BC are parallel.
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, how to solve problems using the concept basic proportionality theorem.
Apart from the stuff given in this section , if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
Slope of the line
Area of triangle
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions