Basic Proportionality Theorem and its Converse Worksheet :
Questions given in this section will be much useful for the students who would like to practice the concept basic proportionality theorem and its converse.
(1) In figure given below DE ∥ BC. Find EC in (i) and AD in (ii)
(2) E and F are points on the sides PQ and PR respectively of a ∆ PQR. For each of the following cases, state whether EF ∥ QR.
(i) PE = 3.9 cm , EQ = 3 cm, PF = 3.6 cm and FR = 2.4 cm
(ii) PE = 4 cm , EQ = 4.5 cm, PF = 8 cm and FR = 9 cm
(iii) PQ = 1.28 cm PR = 2.56 cm PE = 0.18 cm and PF = 0.36 cm
(3) In the figure given below, if LM ∥ CB and LN ∥ CD prove that (AM/AB) = (AN/AD)
(4) DE ∥ AC and DF ∥ AE. prove that (BF/FE) = (BE/EC)
(5) In the figure given below , DE ∥ OQ and DF ∥ OR. Show that EF ∥ QR
(6) In fig 6.21, A,B and C are points on OP,OQ and OR respectively such that AB ∥ PQ and AC ∥ PR.Show that BC ∥ QR
(7) ABCD is a trapezium in which AB ∥ DC and its diagonals intersect each other at the point O. Show that (AO/BO) = (CO/DO) Solution
(8) The diagonals of a quadrilateral ABCD intersect each other at the point O such that (AO/BO) = (CO/D0). show that ABCD is a trapezium. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have practiced, basic proportionality theorem and its converse.
Apart from the stuff given in this section , if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions