(1) Find the area of the triangle formed by the points
(i) (1,–1), (–4, 6) and (–3, –5) Solution
(ii) (-10, -4) (-8, -1) and (-3, -5) Solution
(2) Determine whether the sets of points are collinear?
(i) (-1/2, 3), (-5, 6) and (-8, 8) Solution
(ii) (a, b+c), (b, c+a) and (c, a+b) Solution
(3) Vertices of given triangles are taken in order and their areas are provided aside. In each case, find the value of ‘p ’. Solution
(4) In each of the following, find the value of ‘a’ for which the given points are collinear.
(i) (2, 3), (4, a) and (6, –3) Solution
(ii) (a, 2 – 2a), (–a + 1, 2a) and (–4–a, 6–2a) Solution
(5) Find the area of the quadrilateral whose vertices are at
(i) (–9, –2), (–8, –4), (2, 2) and (1, –3) Solution
(ii) (–9, 0), (–8, 6), (–1, –2) and (–6, –3) Solution
(6) Find the value of k, if the area of a quadrilateral is 28 sq.units, whose vertices are (–4, –2), (–3, k), (3, –2) and (2, 3) Solution
(7) If the points A(-3, 9) , B(a, b) and C(4, -5) are collinear and if a + b = 1 , then find a and b. Solution
(8) Let P(11,7) , Q(13.5, 4) and R(9.5, 4) be the mid- points of the sides AB, BC and AC respectively of triangle ABC . Find the coordinates of the vertices A, B and C. Hence find the area of triangle ABC and compare this with area of triangle PQR Solution
(9) In the figure, the quadrilateral swimming pool shown is surrounded by concrete patio. Find the area of the patio.
(10) A triangular shaped glass with vertices at A(-5,-4) , B(1,6) and C(7,-4) has to be painted. If one bucket of paint covers 6 square feets, how many buckets of paint will be required to paint the whole glass, if only one coat of paint is applied. Solution
(11) In the figure, find the area of (i) triangle AGF (ii) triangle FED (iii) quadrilateral BCEG
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
Area of triangle
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions