(4) In the given figure, the area of triangle BCD is 6.4 cm2. Find the area of
(a) Triangle ACE
(b) Quadrilateral ABDE
(a) The value of x
(b) The area of triangle PQT is given quadrilateral QRST has the area 22 m2 Solution
(6) What will happen to the volume of
(a) a sphere if the radius is doubled
(b) A cylinder if the radius and the height are increased by 50% ?
(1) Two similar solids have side lengths in the ratio 2 : 5.
(a) What is the ratio of their volumes ?
(b) If the smaller shape has a volume of 100 mm3, what is the shape of the larger shape ?
(2) Two similar solids have volumes of 20 m3 and 1280 m3. James says that the sides of the larger solids are 4 times as long as the sides of the smaller shape. Claire says that the sides are 8 times longer. Who is correct ?
(3) Find the value of x and y and the measure of angle P.
(4) Two polygons are similar. If the ratio of their perimeters is 3 : 4, find the ratio of the corresponding sides.
(5) Two polygons are similar. If the ratio of the area is 100 : 49, find the ratio of their corresponding sides.
(6) Two triangles are similar and the perimeter of the smaller one is 50. The ratio of the corresponding sides is 3 : 4, find the perimeter of the larger triangle.
(7) 2 triangles are similar and a side of the smaller one is 8. The ratio of the corresponding areas is 25:36, find the length of the corresponding side of the larger triangle.
(1) Triangle DEC has area 4.2 cm2.
a) Find the area of triangle ABC.
b) Find the area of quadrilateral ABED.
(2) If triangle ABC has area 15 cm2:
a) find the area of ΔCDE
b) find the area of PQED.
(3) What will happen to the volume of:
a) a sphere if the radius is doubled
b) a sphere if the radius is increased by 20%
Kindly mail your feedback to email@example.com
We always appreciate your feedback.