Angle of Elevation Word Problems Worksheet :
Here we are going to see, some some practice questions on angle of elevation.
(1) Find the angle of elevation of the top of a tower from a point on the ground, which is 30 m away from the foot of a tower of height 10√3 m. Solution
(2) A road is flanked on either side by continuous rows of houses of height 4 √3 m with no space in between them. A pedestrian is standing on the median of the road facing a row house. The angle of elevation from the pedestrian to the top of the house is 30° . Find the width of the road. Solution
(3) To a man standing outside his house, the angles of elevation of the top and bottom of a window are 60° and 45° respectively. If the height of the man is 180 cm and if he is 5 m away from the wall, what is the height of the window? (√3 = 1.732) Solution
(4) A statue 1.6 m tall stands on the top of a pedestal. From a point on the ground, the angle of elevation of the top of the statue is 60° and from the same point the angle of elevation of the top of the pedestal is 40° . Find the height of the pedestal. (tan 40° = 0.8391, √3 = 1.732)
(5) A flag pole ‘h’ meters is on the top of the hemispherical dome of radius ‘r’ meters. A man is standing 7 m away from the dome. Seeing the top of the pole at an angle 45° and moving 5 m away from the dome and seeing the bottom of the pole at an angle 30° . Find (i) the height of the pole (ii) radius of the dome. (√3 = 1.732)
(6) A vertical pole fixed to the ground is divided in the ratio 1:9 by a mark on it with lower part shorter than the upper part. If the two parts subtend equal angles at a place on the ground, 25 m away from the base of the pole, what is the height of the pole? Solution
(7) The top of a 15 m high tower makes an angle of elevation of 60° with the bottom of an electronic pole and angle of elevation of 30° with the top of the pole. What is the height of the electric pole? Solution
(8) A traveler approaches a mountain on highway. He measures the angle of elevation to the peak at each milestone. At two consecutive milestones the angles measured are 4° and 8° . What is the height of the peak if the distance between consecutive milestones is 1 mile. (tan 4° = 0.0699, tan 8° = 0.1405) Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Angle of Elevation Word Problems Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Angle of Elevation Word Problems Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on quadratic equations
Word problems on comparing rates
Ratio and proportion word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions