Accuplacer Arithmetic Practice test :
Here we are going to see some practice questions of the math topic "Arithmetic".
(1) |16 - 25| + √(25 - 16) =
(A) -12 (B) -6 (C) 0 (D) 6 (E) 12
(2) Which of the following is 81, 455 rounded to the nearest 100 ?
(A) 81, 000 (B) 81, 400 (C) 81, 500
(D) 82, 000 (E) 90, 000
(3) If 35% of x is 7, what is x% of 35 ?
(A) 7 (B) 20 (C) 28 (D) 35 (E) 42
(4) A number is considered "blue" if sum of its digits is equal to the product of its digits. Which of the following number is "blue" ?
(A) 111 (B) 220 (C) 321 (D) 422 (E) 521
(5) Fro any two numbers a and b, a ? b = (a + b)(a - b). For example, 10 ? 5 = (10 + 5) (10 - 5) = 15 (5) = 75. The value pf 7 ? 5.
(A) 2 (B) 12 (C) 24 (D) 36 (E) 48
(6) What is the greatest integer less than 71/6 ?
(A) 9 (B) 10 (C) 11 (D) 12 (E) 13
(7) Which of the following is not less than 0.25 ?
(A) 2/9 (B) 3/14 (C) 16/64 (D) 19/80 (E) 2/9
(8) If the average of 5 consecutive odd numbers is 11 then the largest number is.
(A) 17 (B) 15 (C) 13 (D) 11 (E) 9
(9) If r is an even integer, and s is an odd integer which of the following must be true ?
I r(r + s) is even
II s2 - r is odd
III 3r + 2s is odd
(A) None (B) I and II only (C) I and III only
(D) II and III only (E) I, II and III.
(10) Points W, x, Y and Z all lie on the same line such that X lies between Y and Z, and W lies between X and Y, which of the following
I W is between X and Z.
II Y is between W and X.
III X is between W and Z.
(A) None (B) I only (C) II only
(D) III only (E) II and III
(11) If u-4 = 16, what is one possible value of u ?
(A) 4 (B) 2 (C) 1 (D) 1/2 (E) 1/4
(12) If a kilogram is equal to approximately 2.2 pounds, which of the following is the best approximation of the number of kilograms in one pound ?
(A) 11/5 (B) 5/8 (C) 5/11 (D) 1/3 (E) 1/5
(13) If r is positive, and p is negative, which of the following must be negative ?
(A) rp + 2 (B) - |rp| (C) r2p2 - 10
(D) -(r + p)2 (E) (r + p)3
(14) If a is a positive integer, then what is the value of 5a + 5a + 1 ?
(A) 6a (B) 5a - 1 (C) 52a + 1 (D) (5a)a - 1 (E) 6(5a)
(15) X, Y and Z are points on a line in that order. XY is 20, and YZ is 15 more than XY. What is XZ ?
(A) 25 (B) 35 (C) 45 (D) 55 (E) 65
(16) If s is a positive integer, what is the least value of s for which √(3s/2) is an integer ?
(A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 6 (D) 9 (D) 24
(17) If the value of a house rises by 20 percent, what is the ratio of the increase in the house's value to the new value of the house ?
(A) 1 : 6 (B) 1 : 5 (C) 1 : 4 (D) 2 : 5 (E) 2 : 3
(18) A car travels 60 kilometers in one hour before a piston breaks, then travels at 30 kilometers per hour for the remaining 60 kilometers to its destination. What is the car's average speed in kilometers per hour for the entire trip ?
(A) 20 (B) 40 (C) 45 (D) 50
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Accuplacer Arithmetic Practice Test".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Accuplacer Arithmetic Practice Test", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions