Solving Linear Equations Word Problems Worksheet :
Worksheet given in this section will be much useful for the students who would like to practice solving word problems using linear equations.
(1) The sum of a two digit number and the number formed by interchanging the digits is 110. If 10 is subtracted from the first number, the new number is 4 more than 5 times the sums of the digits of the first number. Find the first number Solution
(2) The sum of the numerator and denominator of a fraction is 12. If the denominator is increased by 3, the fraction becomes 1/2. Find the fraction. Solution
(3) ABCD is a cyclic quadrilateral such that ∠A = (4y + 20)° , ∠B = (3y –5)°, ∠C =(4x) ° and ∠D = (7x + 5)° . Find the four angles. Solution
(4) On selling a T.V. at 5% gain and a fridge at 10% gain, a shopkeeper gains ₹2000. But if he sells the T.V. at 10% gain and the fridge at 5% loss, he gains Rs.1500 on the transaction. Find the actual price of the T.V. and the fridge. Solution
(5) Two numbers are in the ratio 5 : 6. If 8 is subtracted from each of the numbers, the ratio becomes 4 : 5. Find the numbers. Solution
(6) 4 Indians and 4 Chinese can do a piece of work in 3 days. While 2 Indians and 5 Chinese can finish it in 4 days. How long would it take for 1 Indian to do it? How long would it take for 1 Chinese to do it? Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, how to solve word problems using linear equations.
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions