Slope of the Line Worksheet for Grade 10 :
Here we are going to see, some practice questions on finding slope of the line worksheet.
(1) What is the slope of a line whose inclination with positive direction of x -axis is
(i) 90° (ii) 0 Solution
(2) What is the inclination of a line whose slope is
(i) 0 (ii) 1 Solution
(3) Find the slope of a line joining the points
(i) (5, 5) with the origin Solution
(ii) (sin θ, -cos θ) and (-sin θ , cos θ) Solution
(4) What is the slope of a line perpendicular to the line joining A(5,1) and P where P is the mid-point of the segment joining (4,2) and (-6, 4) . Solution
(5) Show that the given points are collinear: (-3,-4) , (7,2) and (12, 5) Solution
(6) If the three points (3,-1) , (a, 3) and (1,-3) are collinear, find the value of a. Solution
(7) The line through the points (-2, a) and (9, 3) has slope -1/2. Find the value of a. Solution
(8) The line through the points (-2,6) and (4,8) is perpendicular to the line through the points (8,12) and (x,24) . Find the value of x. Solution
(9) Show that the given vertices form a right angled triangle and check whether its satisfies pythagoras theorem
(i) A (1,-4) , B (2,-3) and C (4,-7) Solution
(ii) L (0, 5), M (9, 12) and N (3, 14) Solution
(10) Show that the given points form a parallelogram :
A(2.5, 3.5) , B(10,-4), C(2.5,-2.5) and D(-5,5)
(11) If the points A(2, 2), B(–2, –3), C(1, –3) and D(x, y) form a parallelogram then find the value of x and y.
(12) Let A(3, -4), B(9, -4) , C(5, -7) and D(7, -7) . Show that ABCD is a trapezium. Solution
(13) A quadrilateral has vertices A(-4,-2) , B(5,-1) , C(6,5) and D(-7,6) . Show that the mid-points of its sides form a parallelogram Solution
(14) PQRS is a rhombus. Its diagonals PR and QS intersect at the point M and satisfy QS = 2PR. If the coordinates of S and M are (1,1) and (2,-1) respectively, find the coordinates of P. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Slope of the Line Worksheet for Grade 10".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Slope of the Line Worksheet for Grade 10", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions