Remainder Theorem Practice Questions :
In this section, we are going to see some practice questions on remainder theorem.
(1) Check whether p(x) is a multiple of g(x) or not .
p(x) = x3 - 5x2 + 4x - 3 ; g(x) = x – 2
(2) By remainder theorem, find the remainder when, p(x) is divided by g(x) where,
(i) p(x) = x3 - 2x2 - 4x - 1 and g(x) = x + 1
(ii) p(x) = 4x3 - 12x2 + 14x - 3 and g(x) = 2x - 1
(iii) p(x) = x3 - 3x2 + 4x + 50 and g(x) = x - 3
(3) Find the remainder when 3x3 - 4x2 + 7x - 5 is divided by (x+3). Solution
(4) What is the remainder when x2018 + 2018 is divided by x – 1 Solution
(5) For what value of k is the polynomial p(x) = 2x3 - kx2 + 3x + 10 exactly divisible by (x – 2) Solution
(6) If two polynomials 2x3 + ax2 + 4x – 12 and x3 + x2 –2x+ a leave the same remainder when divided by (x – 3), find the value of a and also find the remainder Solution
(7) Determine whether (x -1) is a factor of the following polynomials:
(i) x3 + 5x2 - 10x + 4
(ii) x4 + 5x2 - 5x + 1 Solution
(8) Using factor theorem, show that (x - 5) is a factor of the polynomial 2x3 - 5x2 - 28x + 15 Solution
(9) Determine the value of m, if (x + 3) is a factor of x3 - 3x2 - mx + 24 Solution
(10) If both (x -2) and (x - (1/2)) are the factors of ax2 + 5x + b, then show that a = b. Solution
(11) If (x - 1) divides the polynomial kx3 - 2x2 + 25x - 26 without remainder, then find the value of k . Solution
(12) Check if (x + 2) and (x - 4) are the sides of a rectangle whose area is x2 - 2x - 8 by using factor theorem. Solution
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit the following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Analytical geometry calculators
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Ratio and proportion shortcuts
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions