Practice Worksheet on Operations of Rational Numbers :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on operations of rational numbers.
(1) Fill in the blanks
(i) The multiplicative inverse of 2 3/5 is _______
(ii) If −3 ⋅ (6/-11) = (6/-11) ⋅ x, then x is ________.
(iii) If distributive property is true for
then x, y, z are ________ , ________ and ________.
(iv) If x ⋅ (-55/63) = (-55/63) ⋅ x = 1, then x is called the _________________ of 55/63 .
(v) The multiplicative inverse of -1 is ________.
(2) Say True or False:
(i) (−7/8) × (−23/27) = (−23/27) × (−7/8) illustrates the closure property of rational numbers.
(ii) Associative property is not true for subtraction of rational numbers.
(iii) The additive inverse of −11/(-17) is 11/17.
(iv) The product of two negative rational numbers is a positive rational number
(v) The multiplicative inverse exists for all rational numbers.
(3) Verify the closure property for addition and multiplication of the rational numbers −5/7 and 8/9
(4) Verify the associative property for addition and multiplication of the rational numbers
−10/11, 5/6, -4/3
(5) Check the commutative property for addition and multiplication of the rational numbers −10/11 and −8/33
(6) Verify the distributive property a × (b + c) = (a × b) + (a + c) for the rational numbers a = −1/2, b = 2/3 and c = −5/6.
(8) Evaluate using appropriate properties.
(9) Use commutative and distributive properties to simplify
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Practice Worksheet on Operations of Rational Numbers"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Point of intersection
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions