Practice Questions on Finding Equation of Circle for Grade 12 :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on finding equation of circle.
(1) Obtain the equation of the circles with radius 5 cm and touching x-axis at the origin in general form.
(2) Find the equation of the circle with centre (2,-1) and passing through the point (3,6) in standard form. Solution
(3) Find the equation of circles that touch both the axes and pass through (-4,-2) in general for. Solution
(4) Find the equation of the circle with centre (2,3) and passing through the intersection of the lines 3x − 2y −1 = 0 and 4x + y − 27 = 0 Solution
(5) Obtain the equation of the circle for which (3, 4) and (2,-7) are the ends of a diameter. Solution
(6) Find the equation of the circle through the points (1, 0), (-1, 0) and (0, 1) . Solution
(7) A circle of area 9π square units has two of its diameters along the lines x + y = 5 and x − y = 1. Find the equation of the circle. Solution
(8) If y = 2√2x + c is a tangent to the circle x2 + y2 = 16 , find the value of c Solution
(9) Find the equation of the tangent and normal to the circle x2+ y2 − 6x + 6y − 8 = 0 at (2, 2) . Solution
(10) Determine whether the points (-2, 1),(0, 0) and (-4, -3) lie outside, on or inside the circle x2 + y2 − 5x + 2y − 5 = 0 . Solution
(11) Find centre and radius of the following circles.
(i) x2 + (y + 2)2 = 0
(ii) x2 + y2 + 6x − 4y + 4 = 0
(iii) x2 + y2 − x + 2y − 3 = 0
(iv) 2x2 + 2y2 − 6x + 4y + 2 = 0 Solution
(12) If the equation 3x2 + (3 − p) xy + qy2 − 2 px = 8pq represents a circle, find p and q . Also determine the centre and radius of the circle. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Practice Questions on Finding Equation of Circle for Grade 12".
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
MATH FOR KIDS
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions