Practice Problems on Whole Numbers :
In this section, we will see some practice problems on whole numbers.
(1) The sum of two numbers is 90 and they are in the ratio is 4:5. Find those numbers.
(A) 20 and 70 (B) 40 and 50
(C) 35 and 55 (D) 28 and 62
(2) If the same numbers is added to both the numerator and denominator of a fraction 3/5, then the result is 3/4. Find the number.
(A) 3 (B) 4
(C) 5 (D) 8
(3) Two numbers are such that the ratio between them is 5 : 7. When 7 is added to each of them, the ratio becomes 2 : 3. Find the numbers.
(A) 40 and 56 (B) 10 and 14
(C) -35 and -49 (D) 30 and 42
(4) The sum of two numbers is 135 and they are in the ratio 7 : 8 . Find those numbers.
(A) 28 and 32 (B) 35 and 40
(C) 63 and 72 (D) 42 and 56
(5) The difference of two numbers is 72 and the quotient obtained by dividing the one by other is 3. Find the numbers.
(A) 19 and 57 (B) 36 and 108
(C) 163 and 72 (D) 54 and 156
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students practiced involving whole numbers.
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here
If you have any feedback about our math content, please mail us :
We always appreciate your feedback.
You can also visit the following web pages on different stuff in math.
Negative exponents rules
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Ratio and proportion shortcuts
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions