Nature of Roots of Quadratic Equation Discriminant Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some example practice questions on nature of roots of quadratic equation.
(1) Determine the nature of the roots for the following quadratic equations
(i) 15x2 + 11x + 2 = 0 Solution
(ii) x2 − x − 1 = 0 Solution
(iii) √2t2 −3t + 3√2 = 0 Solution
(iv) 9y2 − 6√2 y + 2 = 0 Solution
(v) 9a2b2x2 −24abcdx + 16c2d2 = 0 , a ≠ 0 , b ≠ 0
(2) Find the value(s) of ‘k’ for which the roots of the following equations are real and equal.
(i) (5k −6)x2 + 2kx + 1 = 0 Solution
(ii) kx2 +(6k + 2)x + 16 = 0 Solution
(3) If the roots of (a −b)x2 + (b −c)x + (c −a) = 0 are real and equal, then prove that b, a, c are in arithmetic progression Solution
(4) If a, b are real then show that the roots of the equation (a − b)x2 −6(a +b)x −9(a − b) = 0 are real and unequal. Solution
(5) If the roots of the equation (c2 −ab)x2 −2(a2 −bc)x +b2 −ac = 0 are real and equal prove that either a = 0 (or) a3 +b3 +c3= 3abc Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Find Unknowns in Quadratic Equation with Alpha Beta".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Find Unknowns in Quadratic Equation with Alpha Beta", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions