Multiplication of rational expression :
Here we are going to see how to multiply two rational expressions.
In the given rational expressions, if we have any quadratic and cubic equation, we have to decompose it into linear factors.
If the given expressions exactly matches with the algebraic identity, we have to factorize them using the appropriate algebraic identities
Question 1 :
Multiply the following rational expression into lowest form
[(x² - 2x) /(x + 2)] ⋅ [(3 x + 6)/(x - 2)]
Step 1 :
By factors out x from x² - 2x, we get x (x - 2)
The numerator of the second fraction is 3x + 6, by factoring out 3 from this, we get 3 (x + 2).
Step 2 :
We find the term (x+2) in both numerator and denominator, so we may cancel them.
Like that we find the term (x-2) in both numerator and denominator, so we may cancel them.
Step 3 :
The remaining terms are 3 an x.
Hence the answer is 3x.
2) [(x² - 81)/(x² - 4)] x [(x² + 6 x + 8)/(x² - 5 x - 36)] Solution
3) [(x² - 3 x - 10)/(x² - x - 20)] x [(x² - 2 x + 4)/(x³ + 8)] Solution
4) [(x²-16)/(x²-3x+2)] x [(x²-4)/(x³+64)]
x [(x²-4x+16)/(x²-2x-8)] Solution
5) [(3 x² + 2x - 1)/(x² - x - 2)]
x [(2 x² - 3 x - 2)/(3 x² + 5 x -2)] Solution
6) [(2 x - 1)/(x²+2 x+4)] x [(x⁴ - 8 x)/(2 x² + 5 x -3)]
x [(x + 3)/(x²- 2x)] Solution
7) [(a + b)/(a - b)] x [(a³ - b³)/(a³ + b³ )] Solution
8) [(x² - 9 y²)/(3 x - 3y)] x
[(x² - y²)/(x² + 4 x y + 3 y²)] Solution
9) [(x² - 4 x - 12)/(x² - 3 x - 18)]
x [(x² - 2 x - 3)/(x² + 3 x + 2)] Solution
10) [(x² - 3x - 10)/(x² - x - 20)]
x [(x² - 4 x + 16)/(x³ + 64)] Solution
11) [(x² - 16)/(x - 2)] x [(x² - 4)/(x³ + 64)] Solution
12) [(x + 7)/(x² + 14 x + 49)] x [(x² + 8x + 7)/(x + 1)]
13) [(x² - 5 x + 6 )/(6 x + 6)] x [(4 x - 8)/(x² - 4x + 3)]
14. [(p² - 1)/p] x [p²/(p - 1)] x [1/(p + 1)] Solution
These are the questions in the topic multiplication of rational expression.
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood "Multiplication of rational expression".
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Different forms equations of straight lines
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on quadratic equations
Word problems on comparing rates
Ratio and proportion word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions