Mixed Questions on Numbers and Sequences and Series Worksheet :
Here we are going to see, some practice questions on numbers and sequences and series.
(1) Prove that n2 -n divisible by 2 for every positive integer n. Solution
(2) A milk man has 175 litres of cow’s milk and 105 litres of buffalow’s milk. He wishes to sell the milk by filling the two types of milk in cans of equal capacity. Calculate the following (i) Capacity of a can (ii) Number of cans of cow’s milk (iii) Number of cans of buffalow’s milk Solution
(3) When the positive integers a, b and c are divided by 13 the respective remainders are 9, 7 and 10. Find the remainder when a +2b + 3c is divided by 13. Solution
(4) Show that 107 is of the form 4q + 3 for any integer q.
(5) If (m +1)th term of an A.P. is twice the (n +1)th term, then prove that (3m+1)th term is twice the (m +n +1)th term. Solution
(6) Find the 12th term from the last term of the A. P -2,-4,-6,...........-100. Solution
(7) Two A.P.’s have the same common difference. The first term of one A.P. is 2 and that of the other is 7. Show that the difference between their 10th terms is the same as the difference between their 21st terms, which is the same as the difference between any two corresponding terms. Solution
(8) A man saved 16500 in ten years. In each year after the first he saved 100 more than he did in the preceding year. How much did he save in the first year? Solution
(9) Find the G.P. in which the 2nd term is √6 and the 6th term is 9 √6. Solution
(10) The value of a motor cycle depreciates at the rate of 15% per year. What will be the value of the motor cycle 3 year hence, which is now purchased for 45,000?
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Mixed Questions on Numbers and Sequences and Series Worksheet".
Apart from the stuff given in this section "Mixed Questions on Numbers and Sequences and Series Worksheet", if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions