Finite Series Practice Questions :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on finite series.
1. Find the sum of the first 20-terms of the arithmetic progression having the sum of first 10 terms as 52 and the sum of the first 15 terms as 77. Solution
(2) Find the sum up to the 17th term of the series
(13/1 ) + (13 + 23) / (1 + 3) + (13 + 23 + 33) / (1 + 3 + 5) + · · ·
(3) Compute the sum of first n terms of the following series
(i) 8 + 88 + 888 + 8888 + · · · Solution
(ii) 6 + 66 + 666 + 6666+ .......... Solution
(4) Compute the sum of first n terms of 1 + (1 + 4) + (1 + 4 + 42) + (1 + 4 + 42 + 43) + · · · Solution
(5) Find the general term and sum to n terms of the sequence 1, 4/3 , 7/9 , 10/27, . . . . Solution
(6) Find the value of n, if the sum to n terms of the series √3 + √75 + √243 + · · · is 435√3
(7) Show that the sum of (m + n)th and (m − n)th term of an AP. is equal to twice the mth term Solution
(8) A man repays an amount of Rs.3250 by paying Rs.20 in the first month and then increases the payment by Rs.15 per month. How long will it take him to clear the amount?
(9) In a race, 20 balls are placed in a line at intervals of 4 meters, with the first ball 24 meters away from the starting point. A contestant is required to bring the balls back to the starting place one at a time. How far would the contestant run to bring back all balls? Solution
(10) The number of bacteria in a certain culture doubles every hour. If there were 30 bacteria present in the culture originally, how many bacteria will be present at the end of 2nd hour, 4th hour and nth hour? Solution
(11) What will Rs.500 amounts to in 10 years after its deposit in a bank which pays annual interest rate of 10% compounded annually? Solution
(12) In a certain town, a viral disease caused severe health hazards upon its people disturbing their normal life. It was found that on each day, the virus which caused the disease spread in Geometric Progression. The amount of infectious virus particle gets doubled each day, being 5 particles on the first day. Find the day when the infectious virus particles just grow over 1,50,000 units? Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood "Finite Series Practice Questions".
Apart from the stuff given above, if you want to know more about "Finite Series Practice Questions". Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Converting customary units worksheet
Customary units worksheet
Integers and absolute value worksheets
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
Trigonometry heights and distances
MATH FOR KIDS
Word problems on linear equations
Trigonometry word problems
Word problems on mixed fractrions
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions