Finding the Centroid of a Triangle Worksheet :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on finding centroid of the triangle.
(1) Find the centroid of the triangle whose vertices are
(i) (2, −4), (−3, −7) and (7, 2)
(ii) (−5,−5), (1,−4) and (−4,−2) Solution
(2) If the centroid of a triangle is at (4,−2) and two of its vertices are (3,−2) and (5,2) then find the third vertex of the triangle Solution
(3) Find the length of median through A of a triangle whose vertices are A(−1, 3), B(1, −1) and C(5, 1).
(4) Th e vertices of a triangle are (1, 2), (h, −3) and (−4, k). If the centroid of the triangle is at the point (5, −1) then find the value of √(h + k)2 + (h + 3k)2. Solution
(5) Orthocentre and centroid of a triangle are A(−3, 5) and B(3, 3) respectively. If C is the circumcentre and AC is the diameter of this circle, then find the radius of the circle. Solution
(6) ABC is a triangle whose vertices are A(3, 4), B(−2, −1) and C(5, 3) . If G is the centroid and BDCG is a parallelogram then find the coordinates of the vertex D. Solution
(7) If (3/2, 5) (7, -9/2) and (13/2, -13/2) are mid-points of the sides of a triangle, then find the centroid of the triangle. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Finding the Centroid of a Triangle Worksheet"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Area and perimeter worksheets
Decimal place value worksheets
Area and perimeter
Different forms equations of straight lines
MATH FOR KIDS
HCF and LCM word problems
Word problems on simple equations
Word problems on quadratic equations
Area and perimeter word problems
Word problems on comparing rates
Ratio and proportion word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions