Finding Probability of an Event Worksheet for Grade 9 :
Here we are going to see some practice questions on probability.
(1) You are walking along a street. If you just choose a stranger crossing you, what is the probability that his next birthday will fall on a Sunday? Solution
(2) What is the probability of drawing a King or a Queen or a Jack from a deck of cards? Solution
(3) What is the probability of throwing an even number with a single standard dice of six faces? Solution
(4) There are 24 balls in a pot. If 3 of them are Red, 5 of them are Blue and the remaining are Green then, what is the probability of picking out (i) a Blue ball, (ii) a Red ball and (iii) a Green ball? Solution
(5) When two coins are tossed, what is the probability that two heads are obtained? Solution
(6) Two dice are rolled, find the probability that the sum is i) equal to 1 ii) equal to 4 iii) less than 13 Solution
(7) A manufacturer tested 7000 LED lights at random and found that 25 of them were defective. If a LED light is selected at random, what is the probability that the selected LED light is a defective one. Solution
(8) In a football match, a goalkeeper of a team can stop the goal, 32 times out of 40 attempts tried by a team. Find the probability that the opponent team can convert the attempt into a goal. Solution
(9) What is the probability that the spinner will not land on a multiple of 3? Solution
(10) Frame two problems in calculating probability, based on the spinner shown here. Solution
After having gone through the stuff given above, we hope that the students would have understood, "Finding Probability of an Event Worksheet for Grade 9"
Apart from the stuff given in this section, if you need any other stuff in math, please use our google custom search here.
You can also visit our following web pages on different stuff in math.
APTITUDE TESTS ONLINE
Aptitude test online
ACT MATH ONLINE TEST
TRANSFORMATIONS OF FUNCTIONS
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Nature of the roots of a quadratic equation worksheets
MATH FOR KIDS
Time and work word problems
Pythagorean theorem word problems
Converting repeating decimals in to fractions
L.C.M method to solve time and work problems